Hi Folks

Hate to be a doom-bringer on this one and introduce another issue, but - to
bring a note of sanity - I think the General Product Safety Directive
(92/59/EEC) might actually apply to this type of kit! It applies to
virtually anything where there is no sector-specific directive.

However, watch out, the CE Marking is only to be used in conjunction with a
DoC against a Directive which actually specifies the use of both, and -
happily -the GPS Directive is not a CE Marking Directive. Therefore if that
is the most appropriate directive then you must NOT use the CE Marking.

John Allen
Thales Defence Communications Division Bracknell
UK.