Hello from San Diego:

One of my colleagues has added material of interest to
one of Chris Allen's humorous stories.

Best regards,
Rich

This is actually a true story (with some adjustment).  It happened at a Ford
plant back in the 1930's (which makes the $50K fee all the more
significant).  The engineer was brought over from Germany to fix the
problem, and Henry Ford was appreciative of the service, but outraged with
the bill.  Thus he demanded an itemization of it thinking he could out one
over on this engineer and reduce the amount.  And he did, in fact get the
itemization below.  Henry Ford paid the bill.

Mario Raia
10319 SE 15th Street, Suite 100
Vancouver, WA 98664
360-891-6113