From: Mark Schmidt [mailto:mschm...@xrite.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 9:22 AM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: IEC60825

Hello everyone,

I am new to laser regulation and was wondering if there is such a thing as
your basic open frame power supply meeting the requirements of IEC60825? I
need a + 15 Vdc output at approximately 100 Watts. I have not read the
standard yet and don't know how it compares with IEC60950. Does such a thing
exist or do I just qualify a supply that meets 60950 and then submit the
system to 60825 or does 60825 apply to the laser only and not the system.
The laser is a Class 3A Device. All advice is welcome.

Thanks

Mark