Hi all,

New subscriber here.

I have recently moved from designing variable speed drives
to automotive electronics and hence aiming for the 'e' as
opposed to the CE mark. As part of our drives release
procedure, we were required to meet UL standards and
used to test to UL 508C.

I have clearly established the other standards I need to be
designing to such as ISO-7637, ISO 10605, ISO-11452,
CISPR-25, CISPR-12 and CISPR-16, but I have been rather
hard pushed to find a UL equivalent for automotive electronics
i.e. is there a UL safety standard for vehicle Electronic
Sub-assemblies (ESA), the likes of engine management units
etc?

Would appreciate some advice.

Regards

Chris Chileshe
Ultronics Ltd
Cheltenham, Glos.
UK

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp