        From:   Summers, Bill [SMTP:summe...@visionfinancialgroup.com]
        Sent:   Wednesday, January 10, 2001 6:43 PM
        To:     emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
        Subject:        Looking for a referral for a distributor...

        Ladies and Gents:

        Judging from highly technical email exchanges that I've witnessed on
this
        forum over the past two days (I'm new), this request should be "easy
as
        pie."

        I am responsible for introducing a US
        manufactured-electrically-powered-industrial-cleaning-machine to the
        European markets, setting up distribution, and managing the export
sales
        from start to finish.

        The owners of the company have already certified that the machine
meets the
        necessary CE Mark compliance regulations that are applicable to the
unit.
        (The CE marking was done before I joined the company...I am in the
process
        of auditing our compliance in regard to the EU compliance
directives.)

        ...Believe it or not, our current distributor of Electrical Plug
Connections
        and Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters does not carry anything
suitable for
        any country outside of the U.S.

        We are immediately looking for a wiring devices distributor that (1)
can
        supply us any materials we need that will be suitable for the
European
        markets (emphasizing the UK, France, and Germany) and (2) Offer us
general
        knowledge in terms of knowing what plug configurations are suitable
for
        which countries without us having to provide a schematic.  (If you
have any
        other words of wisdom in addition to a wiring devices distributor
referral -
        - they are welcome and would be appreciated!)

        - It would be fantastic if the distributor is located in the
Cincinnati, OH
        general area... as that is where our manufacturing facility is
located.

        Cheers,

        Bill Summers
        Pittsburgh, PA

        Meriwether-Clark Corp.
        Vision Financial Group, Inc.

        PS - It appears that most of the folks on your forum are engineers
or rocket
        scientist.  Thank you for allowing me some "air time" on your
exchange - -
        (I'm just a simple salesman trying his best to buffer the pending US
        recession by decreasing the U.S. foreign trade deficit.  Thanks for
your
        help!)