I have the 'dome' (well, my employer does).
Actually, it is an 8 meter dia. radome, white fiberglass throughout.
With door, HVAC and rotating floor that serves as ground plane.
We pipe in fibre optics for PC host to EUT control from a receiver
shelter located 50 meters perpendicular to the elipse.
It is part of our $5M facility.

It looks like a giant golfball sitting on a large, grounded, concrete pad.
-not the sort of place to be in a raging electrical storm...

If we could simplify the RE emissions data collection, it would
truly be a golden opportunity.  Worthy of the expense to upgrade.
Would this serve as a really large, spherical GTEM or more like a
spherical magnetic field antenna, with the EUT on the INSIDE?

Food for patents...

Kyle Ehler
<mailto:kyle.eh...@lsil.com>
Assistant Design Engineer