John

You are absolutely right, the magnetic field limits are all about cargo
interfering with a planes navigation systems,
and nothing to do with the effect on human's.

To carry Hazardous material, a cargo plane must be licensed and has an upper
limit on how much mass it can carry. Very
few combined passenger and cargo planes are licensed to carry Hazardous
material. This can make finding an available
plane to ship your goods quite tricky sometimes !

--

Andrew Carson - Product Safety Engineer, Xyratex, UK
Phone: +44 (0)23 9249 6855 Fax: +44 (0)23 9249 6014