When you do the measurements it is often very surprising, as too what turns out
ot be magnetic, and what is ok.

Remember for far field measurements a magnetic field drops of at an inverse
cube rate (approx.).
So being very crude with the equations (as the physics often hurts my head), if
you have a large powerful magnet of say, a 20 cm diameter. At 2.1m the field
strength is already reduced to 1/9000th and at 4.6m to nearly 1/100000th of the
max field strength measured at the magnets face.

--

Andrew Carson - Product Safety Engineer, Xyratex, UK
Phone: +44 (0)23 9249 6855 Fax: +44 (0)23 9249 6014