Peter, Alex & Group,

ACA TS001:1997 is still current and required by Australian
telecommunications regulations as Peter and others have mentioned.
Therefore to comply, you must have a report to TS001 and a report to AS/NZS
3260 (both from an ACA Recognised Testing Authority [RTA]).  As Peter
advised, TS001 still requires compliance with AS/NZS 3260 even though AS/NZS
60950 has been published for some time.

ACA TS001:1997 is presently under review however by ACIF (Australian
Communications Industry Forum).  The ACA no longer develop their own
standards.  They mandate in regulation, standards developed by ACIF.  I am
on the review team.

The objective of the review is to either get rid of TS001 altogether or
update it.  If it is decided removing the standard is not appropriate then
the update will require compliance with the latest Australia/NZ version of
IEC 60950 (i.e. AS/NZS 60950:2000 or AS/NZS 60950-1:2002 if that is
published by the time the review is completed).

Best regards,
Kevin Richardson

Stanimore Pty Limited
Compliance Advice & Solutions for Technology (including Australian Agent
Services)
(Legislation/Regulations/Standards)
Ph:       02-4329-4070       (Int'l: +61-2-4329-4070)
Fax:      02-4328-5639       (Int'l: +61-2-4328-5639)
Mobile:  04-1224-1620       (Int'l: +61-4-1224-1620)
Email:    kevin.richard...@ieee.org

The material transmitted in this message and contained in any attachments to
this message is confidential and/or privileged information and is intended
only for the addressee/s. Any unauthorised use of or reliance upon this
material by persons or entities other than the addressee/s is prohibited. If
you receive this information in error, please notify the sender and destroy
any copies of the material immediately.