> Gregg, it's bad enough being in Reliability getting on a plane without
> thinking of the probability of failure, how old the parts are, is there
> enough redundancy, number of failure free trips etc.  etc. etc.

Please, let's not go there ... <grin>

Reissue those special air marshall pistols from when
they used to carry pistols on planes and put a couple
of undercover air marshalls on the plane.

Anyway, I'm not sure what kind of "stun gun" they're
talking about - stun guns that are tasers which shoot
two metal darts attached by wire to a charge source
or the stun guns which have two metal prongs permanently
attached to the device which you have to stab at the
attacker.

In any event both, if accidentally contacted equipment
in a cockpit, would cause massive contact currents to
circulate across the equipment.  I don't think cockpit
equipment is put through that much immunity testing.

Regards, Doug McKean