Well, I can comment on the line of site interference issues:
The cell tower, while nearby, only transmits in certain ranges.  Unless
the signals from the tower overload your measurement devices, this
should be managable.  To check for overload, play with different
attenuators and look for an appropriate linear reduction in signal
strength with each attenuator used.  This can be done before it's too
late. (i.e. when you do your antenna scan before presenting your
proposal)
The same goes for the building to building links.  These should also be
on defined bands (one near my old workplace was at 2.488GHz which really
got in the way) but for the most part you should be able to get used to
them and then roughly ignore them (don't entirely ignore them though -
you may have an emission that is masked within an ambient).
The only other really bad interference generators are HDTV and really
strong local TV stations (and of course the FM radio band).  All but the
HDTV can be worked around with creative resolution bandwidth management
- practice makes perfect is the best advice I can give.  Unfortunately
there is nothing you can do to get around the HDTV signals other than
build yourself a precompliance anechoic chamber.

Best Regards,
Dave Heald