There is a lot to be said for this approach.

Unfortunately, I had just sent out an e-mail on EN 61000-4-6
and EN 50141 when I started following the thread on "Switch
Inrush Ratings".

I eventually came to the postings making reference to the
John Woodgate approach and realised I hadn't done all I
could before posting the query.

Realising I hadn't googled, I made a hasty attempt to correct
this, frantically wiping the sweat off my brow as I started my
browser ( air conditioners are of limited effectiveness in times
like these - mercifully the anti-perspirant isn't!). I got the
distinct feeling of one walking clear across the street to one's
car only to realise the draft around one's legs is not a necessary
evil and could have been easily prevented had one bothered to
check that one had one's pants on!

I promptly googled, and realised I should have googled .. no ..
that I should have been googling all this time.

Sigh! I guess all I can do now is sit and wait for the replies
confirming my take on the two standards was indeed correct.

Best regards

- Chris