Because of the different mains plugs required in the different countries I have
never seen much advantage to "universal" cordage.
The one exception to this is a "jumper" cord that has an  IEC320, C-13 connector
on one end and a C-14 connector on the other.
This type of power cord is independent of the mains connector and can be used in
any country that is within the current limits.
This minimizes the number of part numbers of "jumper" cords that need to be
stocked and keeps the possiblity of putting the wrong cord into the box.

MOO
(My Opinions Only)

"WELLMAN,RON (A-PaloAlto,ex1)" <ron_wellman%agilent....@interlock.lexmark.com>
on 01/08/2002 11:28:32 AM

Please respond to "WELLMAN,RON (A-PaloAlto,ex1)"
      <ron_wellman%agilent....@interlock.lexmark.com>