Hi Ted,

Approval for ITE telecom equipment in Korea is issued by Radio Research Laboratory (RRL), which is organized under Korea's Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC).

Your memory's right: in-country testing will be required for EMC (emissions and immunity) -- and for telecom function and safety if your terminal has public network connections. Unfortunately, your existing test reports won't eliminate the need for testing by an RRL accredited lab. Testing will be to standards essentially the same as what you've already tested, but the reports in the application to RRL will still have to come from one of their accredited labs.

Hope this helps. We're happy to answer any other questions you've got.

Best regards,

-Fred Borda
Compliance International