UL 746C Plastic materials or UL 508, industrial Control Equipment  are well
recognized enclosure performance standards .

Check www.ul.com

Peter A. Manfredonia
Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
1285 Walt Whitman Road
Melville New York 11747-3081 USA
tel: 631.271.6200 x 22448
fax:631.439.6044
e-mail:peter.a.manfredo...@us.ul.com

                    Allen Kemevor

                    <akeme...@netzero.net>        To:     Charles Blackham
<cblac...@airspan.com>
                    Sent by:                      cc:
emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
                    owner-emc-pstc@majordom       Subject:     Re: Accelerated
Life Testing of
                    o.ieee.org                     Plastics

                    11/22/02 08:43 AM

                    Please respond to Allen

                    Kemevor

Charles,
The IEC60068-XX series of standards should help you.
Allen

Charles Blackham wrote:

> All
>
> I'm familiar with HALT/HASS testing of electronics, but now I'm looking
> accelerate the life of the plastic enclosure we put the equipment in.
These
> units are installed worldwide, outdoors, so see a variety of conditions
in the
> field.
>
> We have developed some tests ourselves but I would like to find out what
"best
> practice" is out there. Could anyone point me in the direction of a
> consultant/expert in this field, or possibly at standards that address
this
> issue in other industries?
>
> Best regards
>
> Charlie Blackham
> Senior Approvals Engineer
> Airspan Communications Ltd.
(See attached file: akemevor.vcf)

-- For more information about UL, its Marks, and its services for
EMC, quality registrations and product certifications for global
markets, please access our web sites at http://www.ul.com and
http://www.ulc.ca, or contact your local sales representative. --

*********  Internet E-mail Confidentiality Disclaimer  **********

This e-mail message may contain privileged or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
disclose, use, disseminate, distribute, copy or rely upon this
message or attachment in any way.  If you received this e-mail
message in error, please return by forwarding the message and
its attachments to the sender.

Underwriters Laboratories Inc. and its affiliates do
not accept liability for any errors, omissions, corruption
or virus in the contents of this message or any attachments that
arise as a result of e-mail transmission.