Hi all,

I've been approached and asked to advise on just how much to test... remember
I'm a test lab so my answers may be biased.

My client has three designs, the only difference is the transformer.

A 24 V version for low voltage control systems ( about 49.5% sales volume )
A 120 V version for use in the USA, but will have the CE mark. ( about 49.5
sales volume )
A 230 V version destined for the EU. ( about 1% sales volume )

He is testing to EN 61326, and asked me if he should test all three, or can
he reduce the testing based on volumes of the products sold. I suggested that
the 24 volt version be tested period... The 120 volt version tested period.
And the power input portion of the 240 volt version be tested.

Anyone in the group want to comment?

Thanks,

Derek Walton
L. F. Research EMC Design and Test Facility.