We plan to purchase for resale an LED fiber optic transmitter, receiver and
cable that will provide a communications link to our products. While we will
resell these devices as optional accesssories for our products, the
accessories will retain the original manufacturer's brandname. We will
obtain the products from EU based sources, so we will not be involved in
inportation. The transmitter is a stand alone product with its own power
source. The receiver, on the other hand, is a module that attaches inside
our equipment enclosure and receives its power from our equipment;
therefore, the fiber optic cable must enter our equipment enclosure. I need
to determine:

1) if and how EN60825-2 will apply to any of these accessories - i.e must it
appear on any Declaration of Conformity?
2) if my company must issue any Declaration of Conformity that lists
EN60825-2.

Richard Woods
Sensormatic Electronics
Tyco International