The following is a guess on my part.  Most household breakers (USA) are 15
Amps for power wires that appliances can plug into.  If a fault occurs, over
the time until the breaker pops, the time averaged current will be somewhat
in excess of 15 Amps.  That means that the time-averaged hazard potential
with a 0.1 Ohm bond will be just over 1.5 Volts, which is not a hazard, even
in a wet area.  I expect that using 25 Amps to test the bond makes sure the
bond path has the ampacity not to fuse open before the circuit protection
device.