From: richwo...@tycoint.com [mailto:richwo...@tycoint.com]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 8:11 AM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: Measurement Consistency of OATS

We have noticed a change in our OATS characteristics depending upon the
dampness of the area. It is especially noticeable this time of year when we
get a lot of rain in Florida. Does anyone else experience this phenomena?

More to your question Mat, the major contributors to the measurement
uncertainty would be the repeatability of the setup of the EUT and test
equipment (e.g., distance from EUT to antenna) and the stability/drift of
the EUT and test equipment. Half of these parameters are human based (setup)
and should vary less if the same person performs all of the tests. I have
not seen a paper on this subject. Unually these variations are lighly
covered in texts on measurement uncertainty.

Richard Woods
Sensormatic Electronics
Tyco International