Dude,

The CO will wire your power inputs with two separate power pairs feeding
from two different sources.  This way, if there is some fault in the
'primary' centralized distributed DC source, the redundant source can take
over without the product losing power.

I think the test method depends on how your product chooses which feed to
draw from.

If your product diode-OR's the inputs, only the feed with the higher voltage
will actually power the entire product.  If this is the case, I would
recommend using two supplies and differing the voltages on your supplies so
that one supply is a few volts higher than the other.  Take your readings on
both the higher voltage (loaded) feed as well as the lower voltage
(unloaded) feed.  Just be certain to recheck your voltages at the input to
your product to make sure that there is still a few volts of difference
between the feeds after the inductors are placed in front of the loaded
LISNs (assuming this is the test you're doing).

OK, now that I think about it - this method should work well for just about
any redundant power scheme.

Quiet DC supplies are also enormously important if filters are not present
on the output of the secondary DC source.  You don't need a lot of ampacity
on the secondary supply if you set up the voltages correctly.  (CS linears
run at 52± when unloaded!!!!)

Dave