This does not answer your question directly, but it might provide some
insight.  Tune an AM radio to a broadcast signal, and then introduce an
unmodulated rf carrier injected onto the ac power line that powers the
radio. Offset the rf carrier frequency from the broadcast frequency such
that the resultant "beat" frequency falls within the audio band of the radio
speaker. You will hear a tone at the offset or beat frequency.  If you were
to remove the broadcast signal, the tone disappears because there is nothing
for the rf carrier to beat against.  I used this technique to characterize
the susceptibility of AM radios to rf signals on power lines, in order to
investigate the rationale behind present FCC and CISPR controls on ITE
conducted emissions.  As far as I know, the CE parts of FCC and CISPR
requirements are the only controls on conducted emissions to protect radios.

The modulation mechanism depends on the strength of the broadcast signal -
the stronger it is, the higher the rf carrier power must be to cause a
noticeable problem.  What I found was that with a simulated broadcast signal
providing a 10 dB S+N/N quality audio output (very poor quality audio, but
this is how AM sensitivity is rated) the threshold of susceptibility (TOS)
to common mode (cm) noise on a power bus was 48 dBuV, exactly the Class B
FCC limit.  For differential mode (dm) noise, the TOS was 20 dB higher, the
50/60 Hz power supply filter cap in the radio provided dm but no cm
protection.  If the simulated broadcast signal strength is increased, the
susceptibility signal must be increased the same amount to get a beat
frequency tone with the same S/N ratio as originally - the TOS scales
linearly with broadcast signal strength.

I am going to guess that the three devices you list as culprits did not have
any requirement to meet a conducted emission limit.  Just like an SCR-based
light dimmer, they can chop the ac line with impunity.  When I used to teach
seminars, and do demos in hotels, I learned not to rely on being able to use
AM radios in a hotel conference room - the large amounts of fluorescents and
other dirty loads, totally uncontrolled by any standards - often made AM
reception impossible.