From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 07 November 2002 20:37
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: EU DoC - ATEX Examples

I read in !emc-pstc that John Allen <john.al...@era.co.uk> wrote (in
<BFE68AB0084CD311B4FB00508B014C8703CF9CD2@MERCURY>) about 'EU DoC  -
ATEX Examples' on Thu, 7 Nov 2002:

>"The EC declaration of conformity and the application of the CE marking may
>be effected either by the manufacturer or his authorised representative,
but
>not by both.  ....."
>
>Whilst this is ATEX-specific, I think it would appear reasonable to assume
>that the Commission takes a similar line with the other CE Marking
>directives.

Can you think of any justification at all for *banning* 'effecting' by
both? It seems not sensible to me. I doubt that they would both WANT to
do it, but that is beside the point.

http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the WorldCom Internet Managed
Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.worldcom.com

Copyright ERA Technology Ltd. 2002. (www.era.co.uk). All rights reserved.
The information supplied in this Commercial Communication should be treated
in confidence.
No liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss or damage
suffered as a result of accessing this message or any attachments.