Could this be the "Statutory Term of presumption of conformity of superseded
standard"?

Of course I jest!

I tried to take the easy way out by splitting up the word and effectively
changing the short form to a phrase "Doc of POCOSS" but then realised
that was all wrong and intuitively means "Document of Presumption of
Conformity of Superseded Standard".

There is no way out! As people working with international standards, we
need to be able to correctly pronounce John's word (sorry John, my google
search came up with, not a short list, but exactly one hit ).

It would have been nice to come to some sort of consensus on how the word
is to be pronounced if we are to save face at meetings. It is now just a matter
of time before the standards themselves carry the word Docopocoss, and
having not agreed on a pronunciation, we'll find ourselves opting out of public
embarrassment by referring to "the cessation date" and looking around the table
quickly for some brave soul to risk all by saying out loud "Oh! The docopocoss"

I guess Ed's rhyme will have to suffice for now.

Best regards

- Chris

http://www.star.net.uk