A poser for those in the know.

In EN60950:1992 and its subsequent amendments, the Forward
contained three dates:

        1) DOP - a date of publication when each EU nation was
required to implement the new version of the standard

        2) DOW - the last date by which previous national versions
(called "conflicting") of the standard had to be withdrawn
by each EU nation

        3) the last date for which a product evaluated to a
previous version of the standard could be manufactured,
provided its certifications were issued before the DOW (was
typically 3-5 years)

In looking at the Forward to EN60950:2000, the third date is
conspicuously absent.   I don't have a copy of
EN60950-1:2001, but I suspect the same is true.

I made two queries this afternoon to separate NCBs.  Neither
could not point to any such specific date, but both believed
that third date might be the same as the DOW.  I've asked
both for a more definitive answer by providing something in
writing that unambiguously substantiates their claims.

I also want to check through the knowledge base of this
august collection of crania, in case the others fall short
of my expectations.

Does anyone on the list have anything in writing (hearsay is
of no help) regarding the last date of manufacture for
products compliant with EN60950:1992+A1+A2+A3+A4+A11?  Same
for EN60950:2000?  If so, I would appreciate a copy of this
(these) document(s).

Regards,

Peter L. Tarver, PE
Product Safety Manager