I have heard these things referred to as a "buttinski" (butt-in--ski) on this
side of the pond.

Don Borowski
Schweitzer Engineering Labs
Pullman, Washington

"Juhasz, John (IndSys, GE Interlogix)" <john.juh...@ge.com> on 10/25/2002
09:52:41 AM

Please respond to "Juhasz, John (IndSys, GE Interlogix)" <john.juh...@ge.com>

To:   robert.s...@flextronics.com, chris.col...@tagmclaren.com,
      emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
cc:    (bcc: Don Borowski/SEL)
Subject:  RE: Definition ?

For those telecom folks out there, how about the word 'butt' - the British
term for test-set.
The first time I heard it, a colleague from the UK office was helping
me with a telephone interface problem. He asked me, "Did you
put 48V across your butt?"
I said, "Excuse me?"

John A. Juhasz

GE Interlogix