Hi Group

I am trying to work my way through the FCC part 15 labeling for verification process.

The regs say (reproduced at the end of this email) "All other devices shall bear the following statement in a conspicuous location on the device"

Does this mean that for Class A verification that it is only necessary to put labeling in the documentation only or is it required that the device bears wording also. It is clear from the regs that the documentation must be labeled but after a number of revisits I find it difficult to find the definitive instruction that the verification route device must be labeled. In other words is the Class A device "other" or not.

Regards

John Cronin

§ 15.19 labeling requirements.

(a) In addition to the requirements in part 2 of this chapter, a device subject to certification, notification, or verification shall be labeled as follows:

(3) All other devices shall bear the following statement in a conspicuous location on the device:

This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/2monthsfree.asp