Hi Guys,

I had to many email responses to thank you all individually!

The result was some misunderstanding and lack off "full" details when
applying to the vehicle authority to make a decision on whether our product
was applicable to this Directive.

However, another matter cropped up. How to test!!

The POS terminal consists of a Top Unit which houses the GSM/GPRS and main
electronics. This top sits on a charging base, normally via a AC/DC power
supply to commercial mains supply but in the case for vehicles it will use
the Cigarette lighter holder or hard wired into the vehicle voltage system

It has been agreed that this terminal should be tested in it's standby mode
of operation i.e. sitting on it's charging base, but not during a
transaction.
A transaction would only be done i.e. connection to the GSM network, when
the vehicle e.g. taxi, is stopped and parked safely (since when do taxis
park safely!!).
Note: In my opinion, to meet the emissions in GSM transmit mode I believe
would be near impossible.

An alternative method would have been to get the Base charger approved and
to use the Top GSM and main electronics part off the base when doing a
transaction, just like a mobile phone.

Any comments?

Kind Regards
Alex McNeil