From: Peter Merguerian [mailto:pmerguer...@itl.co.il]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 1:09 PM
To: 'Brian O'Connell'; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: electric strength test

Brian,

Your interpretation of the standard and application of the test between
pri-sec is acceptable. You need to speak to a higher level person in the
agency who is an expert!

Please be advised that some countries do not have a reliable earthing
system. Many end-product manufacturers design their equipment such that the
power supply has double insulation or reinforced insulation between
pri-earth. Norway is a good example.
You may come across some distributors in Norway asking for DI or RI between
pri-sec, even for Class 1 power supplies.

Good luck at the agency!

This e-mail message may contain privileged or confidential information. If
you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use, disseminate,
distribute, copy or rely upon this message or attachment in any way. If you
received this e-mail message in error, please return by forwarding the
message and its attachments to the sender.

PETER S. MERGUERIAN
Technical Director
I.T.L. (Product Testing) Ltd.
26 Hacharoshet St., POB 211
Or Yehuda 60251, Israel
Tel: + 972-(0)3-5339022  Fax: + 972-(0)3-5339019
Mobile: + 972-(0)54-838175
http://www.itl.co.il
http://www.i-spec.com