I know this has come up before, but I need to quote chapter and verse.

In a conversation with an acquaintance of mine, the EMC Directive became a
topic with
DoW and use of superceded standards for presumption of conformity becoming a
contentious area.
I maintain the following understanding:

A product is evaluated to standard A. At some point standard a can no longer
be used for
presumption of conformity (DoW) and standard B must be used. Therefore if a
product is
still being manufactured for sale after the DoW of standard A, then the
product must
be re-evaluated according to the new standard B. (An exemption being those
items
returned for repair and not modified/updated/upgraded).
If the product was no longer produced and placed on the market after the DoW
then
there is no issue.

My acquaintance notes that if the product was tested to standard A, as long
as it
has not been 'updated, modified, or changed in anyway' since the initial
compliance
test, it can still be manufactured and placed on the market after the DoW
without
re-test.

I believe that my understanding is the correct one. I tried to locate it in
the EMC
Directive itself but I can't seem to find it. Am I incorrect?

John A. Juhasz

GE Interlogix
Fiber Options Div.
Bohemia, NY