Patrick Hi!

Your subject states "Taiwan and China approvals" but your message specifies
"Korea and China approvals". I asume it's Korea and China that you ar4e
interested in.

TUV Rheinland of North America is very helpful in obtaining approvals in the
shotest possible time.

Please contact TUV Rheinland of North America Inc at any of the two
addresses below.
Dan Sullivan
Division Manager
12 Commerce Road
Newtown, CT 06470
Tel: +1 (203) 426-0888 Ext. 121
Cell:  (203) 722-5908
Fax: +1 (203) 426-4009
e-mail: dsulli...@us.tuv.com
www.tuv.com

OR:

Jonathan T. Kotrba
International Certification Manager
1945 Techny Road, Unit 4
Northbrook, IL 60062
847 562-9888 x32
847 562-0688 -Fax
847 682 8539 -Mobile Number
e-mail: jkot...@us.tuv.com
www.tuv.com

Based on my experience:

Korea: RRL EMC Registration is required. This is mandatory and requires
EMI/EMS testing which is almost same as CE-EMC Directive. You must have a
local representative, otherwise certification cannot be done. Be prepared to
translate the manual (simplified version) to Korean.

China: Check to see if you fall under the Compulsary Certification. If so,
safety and emc testing must be conducted on Chinese soil. A CB Test report
with CB Test Certificate is accepted.. Be prepared to translate the manual
(simplified version) to Chinese and your factory(ies) audited by the Chinese
authorities.

Note: You may find that you are not in the catalogue and get stuck by
Chinese customs because they will claim you have not classified the
equipment correctly. Best to get a professional look at this and even better
is to get a letter from the Chinese authoritries themselves.

Again, for worldwide approvals TUV Rheinland would be of most help.  Refer
to their worldwide approvals website
 http://www.int-app.tuv.com/. However, a simple telephone call to any of the
above persons will lead you a long way.

This e-mail message may contain privileged or confidential information. If
you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use, disseminate,
distribute, copy or rely upon this message or attachment in any way. If you
received this e-mail message in error, please return by forwarding the
message and its attachments to the sender.

PETER S. MERGUERIAN
Technical Director
I.T.L. (Product Testing) Ltd.
26 Hacharoshet St., POB 211
Or Yehuda 60251, Israel
Tel: + 972-(0)3-5339022  Fax: + 972-(0)3-5339019
Mobile: + 972-(0)54-838175
http://www.itl.co.il
http://www.i-spec.com