From: Nick Williams [mailto:nick.willi...@conformance.co.uk]
Sent: 14 March 2002 09:16
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: ANSI warning symbols

I'm trying to track down the number of the ANSI standard which
defines mechanical (and other) hazard warning symbols (e.g. "guards
must be in place", "trap point" etc). I've found some information on
the web on ANSI Z535.4 but it's not clear if this standard covers the
actual symbols or just the context in which they are to be used
(background colours, use of the words 'Caution', 'Warning', etc.).

Any help in this direction would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Nick.

     Dave Heald:               davehe...@mediaone.net

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/