John,

I agree with your statements as I've correlated EN standards to satisfy a
customer who wanted S2 compliance.
I believe our last statements in our email sums it all up.

"You may want to get a copy of SEMI S2 and identify the delta's between S2
and your EN certifications to your customers."

"Since compliance with SEMI standards and guidelines is
primarily for contractual agreement between supplier
and user, you have lots of room to negotiate."

Regards,

Jeffrey Collins
Sr. HW Engineering Manager
EMC/ NEBS/ Safety/ Reliability
CIENA  Core Switching Division
10480 Ridgeview Court, Cupertino, CA. 95014
(408) 366-4806, Fax (408) 366-4866
jcoll...@ciena.com
http://www.ciena.com