From:   T.Sato [SMTP:vef00...@nifty.ne.jp]
Sent:   Tuesday, June 25, 2002 3:39 AM
To:     emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject:        Re: case of units

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:17:18 -0700,
  "Robert Macy" <m...@california.com> wrote:

> Still use KHz
>
> For me it's a logical carrier over from
>     small letter = small value
>     capital letter = large value

SI units are originally described in "The International System of
Units" (strictly, in French) from BIPM, and it states kilo is "k",
not "K".
Although they are very rarely used these days, "h" (hecto = 10^2)
and "da" (deca = 10^1) are written in small letters, too.

Regards,
Tom

Tomonori Sato  <vef00...@nifty.ne.jp>

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/