Rich,

I am trying to find the rationale why production-line ratyhing tests in North
America are usually done with a simple ohmmeter and without passing a current
of say 25 A through the circuit. There must be some rationale of doing it this
way somewhere.

Regards,

Peter

 Rich Nute <ri...@sdd.hp.com> wrote:

Hi Peter:

> Anyone knows of ANSI or other North American production-line test
> procedures/requirements for electrical/electronic equipment? Some UL
> and CSA standards specify the procedures for roduction-line tests, but
> what I am looking for is the source of these procedures/requirements.

I don't believe any North American standard specifies
production-line tests.

For UL, production-line tests are specified in the
front of each Volume of the UL Follow-Up Services
(FUS) procedure.

For CSA, I believe production-line tests are specified
in the product report.

Best regards,
Rich

Visit our web site at: http://www.ewh.iee! e.org/soc/emcs/pstc/

Ron Pickard: emc-p...@hypercom.com
Dave Heald: davehe...@attbi.com

For policy questions, send mail to:
Richard Nute: ri...@ieee.org
Jim Bacher: j.bac...@ieee.org

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping <http://rd.yahoo.com/O=
/I=brandr/vday03/text/flow/*http://shopping.yahoo.com
/shop?d=browse&id=20146735>  - Send Flowers for Valentine's Day