Filtering of signal or I/O lines at a penetration port is often required.

In the case of radiated immunity testing, the applied fields may penetrate
the EUT, then travel through the I/O lines, and upset support equipment.
This will result in excessive test time at the best, or improper indications
of test failure at the worst.

In the case of emission testing, support equipment will often inject noise
onto the I/O lines, which is then conducted into the EUT. There, it may
couple onto the EUT powerlines or be directly radiated. This will result in
improper indications of emissions which do not truly originate from the EUT.

All test chamber penetrations should be filtered as heavily as possible,
consistent with not impairing the integrity of the data signals.

Regards,

Ed

Ed Price
ed.pr...@cubic.com
Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab
Cubic Defense Systems
San Diego, CA  USA
858-505-2780  (Voice)
858-505-1583  (Fax)
Military & Avionics EMC Is Our Specialty
Shake-Bake-Shock - Metrology - Reliability Analysis