Andre,
   I think that in section 1.7.12 (the section you referenced in the
60950 family) there is also a provision that for service personnel, the
language on safety related info can be English. (except in Germany,
where it must also be in German).  I would take this to mean that
component safety information can be in a different language (English or
German) than would normally be present on the outside of the product.
This seems to follow common sense as well (not that that gets you very
far when evaluating to safety standards :).

Also look in 1.7.14 to see if this applies in your case.  (Replacement
of the differently labeled/sourced/revision component can't cause the
removal or alteration of product level safety labeling.)

I'd check this to make sure that what I remember is up to date but I
don't think you need to worry about the labeling language on the
component (so long as it is approved for its end use and you meet 1.7.14).

Best Regards,
Dave Heald