The problem isn't with Yahoo.  You need to spank your net nanny.

From: Garnier, David S (MED) [mailto:david.garn...@med.ge.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 9:54 AM
To: 'Guy Boone'; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: Fw, Yahoo Groups Recommendation?: Changes to IEEE emc-pstc we
b-based services...

Pardon me if this has been decided already but I think you need to be

made aware of this.

Our corporate net nanny has blocked access to all Yahoo accounts

(and other free mail accounts) - moving the EMC listserve there would

prevent access from anyone within the GE.COM domain.  Our local IEEE

EMC chapter is blocked, (all appeals for access have been ignored.)

You might me asking yourself "why should I care?" (Dave could certainly

subscribe to the listserve at home - ((please enable the digest mode.))

This company is a trendsetter and many others emulate our practices,

your impending move may impact other subscribers in the future.

        David Garnier
e GE Medical Systems

                David S. Garnier
        Senior Technician