From: richhug...@aol.com [mailto:richhug...@aol.com]
Sent: 22 April 2003 15:29
To: richwo...@tycoint.com; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: re: Fiber and AC mains wire runs

Richard,

As I mentioned in my original reply, the building wiring rules vary from one
country within the EU to another.  While it is true that the UK Wiring
Regulations (BSI 7671) are based on the CENELEC Harmonised Document HD384,
which is itself based on the IEC 60364 series of standards, it would be
wrong of someone to think that if they purchased a copy of BS 7671 and then
based their whole European installation strategy on this UK document that
they would be certain not to have difficulties elsewhere in Europe.

Of course, if someone wanted to know what the requirements are in the UK and
thereby get a 'flavour' of the requirements elsewhere, then that would be a
different matter and BS 7671 (also known as the IEE Wiring Regulations)
would be a good place to start.  They may also wish to look at the IEE web
site (www.iee.org) for books that provide aditional guidance when applying
the IEE Wiring Regulations.

Regards,

Richard Hughes.