Hello Alan,

There is no EN standard covering the same subject as this German Military
standard, full title:

VG 95373-15, "Electromagnetic Compatibility-Electromagnetic Compatibility of
Equipment-Part 15: Test Method for Coupling and Screening," Germany,
February 1997.

VG 95373 Part 15. This German military standard describes the shielding
effectiveness of enclosures. The standard covers the frequency range above
30 MHz; between the frequency range of 30 and 200 MHz, a minimum
antenna-to-enclosure separation distance of 2.5 m is specified. This
distance can be reduced to 1 m for frequencies greater than 200 MHz. The
test method specifies that a receiving antenna-which must be small compared
with the enclosure under test-be built into the enclosure for the test.
Although there are technical problems with this standard, it is currently
the only standard applicable to small- and medium-sized enclosures. It is
not surprising that the test method described in VG 95373 Part 15 (or
variations of it) is used for shielding-effectiveness evaluation of small-
and medium-sized enclosures and is favored by manufacturers of conductive
plastic enclosures

You may more information on the subject on:
http://www.ce-mag.com/archive/01/Spring/Ogunsola.html

Best regards

Helge Knudsen
Test & Approval manager