>   Strange behavior of the list-server. Although I got some out-of-office
>   replies, neither I or my fellows in the office (members of the list) have
>   received the message posted 24 h ago. I'll try again...

We are still experiencing delivery problems from
the listserver.  The IEEE gurus are at work trying
to solve the problem.  We thought it had been
solved last week, but we're still experiencing
difficulties.

Basically, the difficulties show up as very late
delivery (and occasional duplicate delivery) to the
subscribers near the end of the list (which includes
me).  Very late can mean DAYS late.

Normal time for delivery to the full subscriber list
is 3-4 hours.  Messages are sent in sequence to the
subscriber address list, where long-time subscribers
near the head of the list get their messages first,
and so forth through the address list.

At the moment, it appears that subscribers near the
head of the list have normal service.  However,
subscribers near the end of the list (~700 and above,
which would be those who subscribed in the past year
or so) are experiencing significant delays, more than
24 hours.

If the subscribers near the head of the list set their
mailer with an Out Of Office message, then that message
is sent immediately to the person posting the message.
For posters near the end of the list, the OOO message
will be received BEFORE the listserver message.  (Indeed,
this is the case even when the listserver is operating
normally.)

Please bear with us while we solve the problem.

If you have further questions or comments, please send
them directly to me or any of the administrators at
the bottom of this message.

Best regards,
Rich

Richard Nute