From: Pettit, Ghery [mailto:ghery.pet...@intel.com]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 9:33 AM
To: Hudson, Alan; EMC-pstc (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Do you realize how annoying it is?

Alan,

I'm afraid you are tilting at windmills.  Many (most?) of us participate in
this forum from work and alternate e-mail addresses aren't practical.
Secondly, we turn on the out of office agents for business reasons and can't
filter whether they are sent based on the sender of the message (although
that would be a good feature - Microsoft, are you listening?). I can think
of at least two good reasons to have the filter.  One is to eliminate the
annoying OOP messages on this and other groups and the second would be to
(and this would be a bit more challenging) prevent automatic replies to
spammers when you're out, verifying to them that your e-mail address is
valid.

Ghery S. Pettit
Intel Corporation