On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:47:28 -0400 ,
  Gerald Tammi <gera...@zoom.com> wrote:

> I have recently been told that product going into Japan for sale must have
> the "importers" name on the label and the imported MUST be registered with
> METI (Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry).

Electrical Appliance and Material Safety Law, also known as DENAN,
says that products covered by the Law must carry the name of the
manufacturer or importer who notified himself to METI.
When it is approved by METI, abbreviation or registered trademark
may be used instead of the name of the manufacturers/importers.

For products covered by the DENAN Law, manufacturers/importers
must comply with the other requirements set by the Law, too.

Regards,
Tom

Tomonori Sato  <vef00...@nifty.ne.jp>