From: drcuthb...@micron.com [mailto:drcuthb...@micron.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 7:03 PM
To: ed.pr...@cubic.com; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: apertures

Ed,

thanks you did give me the answer I was looking for. I think you are right on
the radiation from the aperture. It should have a dipole pattern and
illuminate only half the hemisphere. I did not include this in the
calculations and will add the extra 3 dB. I am investigating this because I
actually want to increase the signal that passes through an aperture. I will
be interested to see what others tell us.

   Dave