From: don_borow...@selinc.com [mailto:don_borow...@selinc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 10:46 AM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: Re: Difference between the HP 8566A and the HP 8566B

No, this is not correct. The 8566 in either version covers 100 Hz to 22
GHz. I think Gaby is confusing the 8566 with the 8568, which in both A and
B models covers 100 Hz to 1.5 GHz.

I am going from memory right now, but I believe the "B" models of both
spectrum analyzers have the capability of accepting a quasi-peak adaptor,
and have additional functions related to reading out values from the
screen. Also, the 8566B could accept a preselector (perhaps the 8568B could
too). If I remember correctly, the trace of the A versions could be read
out only as X-Y coordinate values, and it was up to the user to translate
them into level and frequency (knowing what the settings are). The B
versions read out directly in level and frequency (IIRC).

Don Borowski
ex-HP/Agilent employee
present Schweitzer Engineering Labs

             "Gaby F. Abboud"
             <g.abboud2@verizo
             n.net>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  <lfresea...@aol.com>,
             owner-emc-pstc@ma         <emc-p...@ieee.org>
             jordomo.ieee.org                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             11/25/03 06:36 AM         Re: Difference between the HP 8566A
                                       and the HP 8566B

             Please respond to
             "Gaby F. Abboud"
             <g.abboud2@verizo