James:

As a start, look at DO-160 for an idea of what USA commercial aviation would
require. Beyond this, you need to define what your product is, what it does,
and where it goes. There are standards for a vast number of characteristics,
even down to the seat power jacks or the in-flight entertainment systems.

Ed

Ed Price
ed.pr...@cubic.com         WB6WSN
NARTE Certified EMC Engineer & Technician
Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab
Cubic Defense Applications
San Diego, CA  USA
858-505-2780  (Voice)
858-505-1583  (Fax)
Military & Avionics EMC Is Our Specialty