From: john.radom...@modicon.com [mailto:john.radom...@modicon.com]
Sent: 12 November 2003 14:10
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: Approval of alarm system with GSM module

For Europe, the product must conform to the R&TTE Directive and be CE
marked.

What do you mean by "R&TTE approval"? To products which are outside the
scope of the R&TTE Directive?

What did you mean by "CE approval"? If you meant "conformance to the LV and
EMC Directives", the R&TTE directly relates to them.

John Radomski
Schneider Electric

                      kcc...@hkpc.org

                      Sent by:                      To:
emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org

                      owner-emc-pstc@majordo        cc:

                      mo.ieee.org                   Subject:  Approval of
alarm system with GSM module

                      11/11/2003 10:11 PM

                      Please respond to

                      kcchan

Hi all

We have a new design, a Alarm system, which contains a GSM module.  The GSM
module has got R&TTE approval.

I would like to see if we need to get the R&TTE approval of this Alarm
system, or we only need to get the CE approval.

Thanks
KC Chan

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning
Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.mci.com

Copyright ERA Technology Ltd. 2003. (www.era.co.uk). All rights reserved.
The information supplied in this Commercial Communication should be treated
in confidence.
No liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss or damage
suffered as a result of accessing this message or any attachments.