Luke,

After your message, I had to go to Agilent's website to check that out. At the
time I researched this (admittedly, a few years ago), the lowest frequency
they had was 100kHz. The sensor you mentioned is 9kHz to 6GHz, and the only
one they have that goes below 100kHz. The dynamic range is much better than
the R&S sensor I mentioned.

http://we.home.agilent.com/USeng/nav/-536888370.0/pc.html

The 4419B is an excellent power meter as well.

Thanks for the info.

Bob.

Luke Turnbull <luke.turnb...@trw.com> wrote:

We use Agilent "E-series" power meter probes. Power range from -60 to
+20 dBm. They do make a version that goes from 10kHz to 18GHz.

The equipment that we have is an E4419B Power meter with E9304A
probes.

Hope this helps,

Luke Turnbull

>>> Bob Richards 07/09/2004 02:52:04 >>>
Derek,

The only power meter/sensor combo that I know of that will measure down
to 10kHz and -30 dBm is the Rohde & Schwarz NRVD (dual channel) and NRVS
(single channel) with a NRV-Z51 sensor. The sensor has a range from
-30dBm to +20dBm. Keep in mind that measuring at the bottom end of the
sensor's range will take more time to settle, and you will need to zero
the sensor often. There may be other model sensors from R&S that will
work for you.

You might try looking at Boonton. I think they hav! e some RF voltage
sensors that may go down that low.

The sampling-tee is also a good idea. You can also use a spectrum
analyzer instead of a power meter to measure the power from the
directional coupler.

Bob Richards, NCT
Square D.

Derek Walton wrote:
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to improve my Conducted immunity test method when testing
>from 10 kHz to around 200 kHz. The signal from the diredctional coupler
is quite small, around -20dBm, and my current power meter sensor is on
the limits of it's range.

Can anyone suggest a power sensor for use with the HP 437B ideally,
that can measure down to -30 dBm and at least 10 dBm, with a freq range
of 10 kHz to 400 MHz?

If no such sensor exists ( and I've not found one... ), can anyone
suggest a power meter/sensor combination. I only need a single channel,
but two channels would be OK too.

Thanks,
--
Derek N. Walton