Greetings All,

The EMC Technical Committee 8 (TC-8, Product Safety) is proud to announce that
we have three fine speakers for this year's TC-8 Product Safety Workshop
(PSW). The workshop is being held on Friday, August 12, 2005 during the EMC
Symposium in Chicago. For those EMC engineers that not only test for EMC but
must test for product safety, you don't want to miss these presentations.

Below are the speakers and their presentation titles that will be presented at
the TC-8 Product Safety Workshop.

        Speaker #1: Bill Bisenius, Risk of Fire: Enclosure Design and Internal
Plastics
        Speaker #2: Dave Lorusso, Alternative method for determining minimum
clearances
        Speaker #3: Keith Armstrong, How EMI can cause functional safety
problems

As a follow-on to the TC-8 Product Safety Workshop, the Product Safety
Engineering Society (PSES) is holding their second symposium on October 3 - 4,
2005. The location is Schaumburg, IL (nine miles from O'Hare airport). For
more information on the 2005 PSES symposium and the Advance Program, please
visit their web sites at:

        The 2005 PSES Symposium web site :
http://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/symposium/index.html
        Check out the Advance Program at :
http://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/symposium/program.html

TC-8 supports the efforts of the Product Safety Engineering Society, as they
provide additional resources and information to promote product safety. We
encourage not only product safety engineers, but all engineers, technicians
and management that work in the world of product safety to attend the 2005
PSES Symposium. This symposium greatly enhances, compliments and supplements
what we in TC-8 try to do with our Product Safety Workshops. A Friday morning
at the TC-8 PSW is not just enough, it is only the beginning. Where TC-8 PSW
leaves off, the 2005 IEEE PSES Symposium takes over. All-in-all, I hope to see
you all at both symposiums!

Thank-you for your support in both the PSE Society and the EMC Society.

Sincerely,

Richard Georgerian
Technical Committee 8, Chair

is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list.

Instructions: http://listserv.ieee.org/listserv/request/user-guide.html

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: