Hello Craig,

I believe the new standard is IEC 62314 published last year.
http://webstore.iec.ch/preview/info_iec62314%7Bed1.0%7Den.pdf

The information I have from CENLEC on EN 62314:2006 is that the date of
announcement was October 1, 2006.  The proposed date of publication is
April 1, 2007 and the proposed date of withdrawal is July 1, 2009.

Ted Eckert
American Power Conversion/MGE
http://www.apc.com/

The items contained in this e-mail reflect the personal opinions of the
writer and are only provided for the assistance of the reader. The writer
is not speaking in an official capacity for APC, MGE or Schneider Electric.
The speaker does not represent APC's, MGE's or Schneider Electric's
official position on any matter.

             "Petrie, Craig D"
             <cp185...@ncr.com
             Sent by:                  <emc-p...@ieee.org>
             emc-p...@ieee.org                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/22/2007 05:35          Solid State Relay Standard
             AM

Good morning all,

We use 240V solid state relays in some of our products, certified to
IEC60950-1 and UL508.  I have heard however that there is a new IEC
standard being released for solid state relays and therefore we should
request these relays to be certified against the new standard rather than
IEC60950-1 in the future.

Can anyone enlighten me with details of this new standard please?  What is
the standard number, when is it to be published, and when will relays
certified against IEC60950-1 no longer be accepted by test houses?

Thanks and regards,

Craig

message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: