Hello,

I'm trying to qualify my 3 meter chamber for field uniformity at 10 V/m and
could use some help. I was able to get 18V/m at all 16 points of the grid
(only need 12) with the antenna in the vertical position, but couldn't do it
when the antenna was switched to the horizontal position. I moved the floor
patch all over the chamber, moved the antenna and probe to different areas,
but still haven't found just the right combination. Here are the some of the
details:

Problem frequency: It shifts but typically 80MHz and above 650 MHz  It seems
we can correct one but not both.
Chamber dimension: 16' x 24' x 10'
Lining: Mix of ferrite tile and 24" cones
Placement of lining: 14' x 10' ferrite tile patch centered on each side wall
                           10' x 10' ferrite tile patch on wall behind
isotropic probe (EUT end)
                           8' x 14' ferrite tile patch on ceiling
                           24" cones on wall behind antenna
                           Mostly 24" cones, but some ferrite tile in all
remaining wall surfaces.
Floor Patch: Thirty 2' x 2' ferrite tiles shuffled in countless configurations.
Test Distance: 2.5 meters (It failed at 3 meters so I moved the antenna in to
2.5. It passed with the antenna in the vertical position, but failed in
horizontal position.)

Amplifier: 100W amplifier outside the chamber

Floor patch: Thirty 2' x 2' ferrite tiles

Thanks!

Ken
  _____

AOL at  <http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/
615326657x4311227241x4298082137/aol?redir=http://www.aol.com> AOL.com.

message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: